Looking for a Kingdom Career?
If you have the skills we seek and love Jesus, then we might have the perfect job for you! Please send your resume to info@CommunityUMChurch.com so we can get the conversation started!
The Director of Student Ministries will provide leadership for the spiritual education, recreation, fellowship, service, and mission for students grades 6-12 of Community Church and through its outreach.
- Loves the Lord and lives a life that demonstrates the convictions of a mature faith
- Faithful attendance at worship services and fellowship activities
- Desire to “Follow Jesus and Lead Others to Him”
- A history of positive interaction with youth, youth leaders and families
- Good administrative skills to develop and lead ministry teams
- Has demonstrated spiritual gifts in the areas of Leadership and Teaching
- Demonstrated skills in organization, budgeting, and planning
- A working knowledge of the Bible as evidenced by formal training
- A college degree with relevant coursework in youth and adolescent development and/or have experience in youth/student ministry
- College or Seminary degree in youth ministry
KEY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strive to maintain a spirited visible presence within the church, its worship services, and its outreach into the community and schools
- Responsible for planning and leading weekly Student Ministry meeting (Sunday evenings)
- Develop and maintain methods of communication with and for the youth and parents
- Oversee the recruitment and training of parents and adults to help facilitate Student Ministry
- Work with parents and volunteers to build teams to oversee the planning and implementation of other youth programs according to the needs of the youth, including the following:
- Outreach and community service projects
- Special events such as summer mission trips, winter camp retreats, etc.
- Participation in the 6th-8th grade Confirmation program
- Active support of high school Bible Clubs and other community youth organizations
- Be a visible participant in the life of Community Church and the Youth activities of the local school districts and community
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Position is part-time (20 hours per week), with possible future expansion to full-time
- Adherence to and keeping the qualities and characteristics of CUMC employees, as defined by Staff Handbook
- The Director of Student Ministries reports to the Lead Pastor
- Ability to pass Safe sanctuary policy and training with full background checks, including but not limited to Act 33/34 and FBI Clearance; and other training as deemed necessary
- Follow the work year, workdays, and benefits outlined in the Staff Handbook
An evaluation process will be in place with the Lead Pastor through the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) to assess this staff person’s effectiveness as well as to discern how to best resource this person for her/his ministry. Employee is assigned a SPRC rep as a liaison