UMW Kickoff Meeting
September 20 6:00 - 8:00 pm | Community Church
Ladies, join your friends for an evening of fun, fellowship and food! The food and drink will be provided. The picnic will be held on the patio outside of the cafe, weather permitting. Please RSVP by Sept. 17th to email@example.com.
In addition to food and fun, we will be working on UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) Hygiene Kits. These kits provide basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disasters. Hygiene kits are also used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition, and cooking classes.
We will assemble the kits at our meeting. If you are able, please bring the following:
- 1 hand towel ( 15″ x 25″ up to 17″ x 27″ ) Kitchen cleaning and microfiber towels NOT acceptable.
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (needs to be sturdy and over 6″ long). No pocket combs or picks please. Rattail and combs without handles are not accepted.)
- 1 metal toenail clippers (larger size, not fingernail clippers). No emery boards or nail files.
- 1 bath-sized bar of soap (3 oz. and up). Do NOT remove from original package. NO Ivory or Jergens due to moisture issues.
- 1 toothbrush (single brush only) Adult size only. NO cheap breakable ones. Do NOT remove from original packaging. NO advertising!
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste. UMCOR will buy toothpaste in bulk prior to shipment (to avoid product expiration).
- Please include $1.00 for shipping (for each kit).